Shape Machining – ShapeTex
Making the most out of material
The ShapeTex process is able to create small precise structures, which can be used in a range of sectors. From intricate suspension parts, body panels, body armour and snowboards – this process can create strong structures that can take an impact.
- New production process which allows existing carbon composite materials to be used in new applications which previously haven’t been possible.
- Lightweight, strong structures with low mass can now be produced with characteristics which have been tuned to the users requirements.
- Process lays down fibres, including recycled content, accurately even for highly detailed designs.
- Ability to lay down fibres in different directions enables increase in strength without wasting vast amounts of material.
- Our Technology Developer Accelerator Programme (TDAP) is helping develop strategy and business plans, as well as providing financial support for R&D, supply chain development and market entry.