Collaborative R&D (CR&D) Competitions
Accelerating the industrialisation of net-zero automotive technology
Our Collaborative R&D (CR&D) competitions are a commitment from the UK government and industry to accelerate the development of low carbon technology in the UK, safeguarding and creating jobs and supporting investment in cutting edge research and development (R&D).
Investing in innovation
Our funding and expertise supports projects in implementing new propulsion technologies and processes within the automotive sector (including passenger car, bus, off-highway and heavy-duty), including projects that:
- Build UK capability in emerging net-zero propulsion technologies
- Accelerate the transition of the UK automotive supply chain
- De-risk investment in manufacturing and scale-up
- Improve competitiveness by utilising digital tools and techniques
How can we make your project a success?
- Share of up to £25 million in match-funding to boost your R&D capability
- Build connections with specialist partners to add new expertise and collaboration to your project team
- Broaden knowledge, realise greater efficiencies, and deliver more value faster
- Support and guidance during the funding application process
- Access to the latest industry insights
With multiple competitions running every year, there’s ample opportunity to apply for match-funded financial support and access to industry insight and collaboration opportunities.
UK-registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £25 million for UK-based, late-stage, collaborative research and development (CR&D) of automotive technology and processes as part of our competition. Eligible projects will support the UK’s transition towards net-zero by growing supply chain capability and automotive product manufacturing.
Digitilisation becomes a priority focus for our latest Collaborative R&D competition
As an industry, we are just at the start of the digital transformation journey, our goal is to position the UK as a recognised global leader in the digital arena. We recognise the significant opportunities open to our automotive industry and as such digitalisation has now become an enabling technology focus area within our Collaborative R&D competition scope.
Here are the key dates for our Collaborative R&D funding competitions.