CNH Industrial – ATLAS
The ATLAS project will facilitate the launch of the world’s first liquid fugitive methane–powered off-highway agricultural tractor – built in the UK. The project will bring together a range of next-generation technologies – methane will be harvested from livestock slurry, water treatment, landfill gas or the decomposition of biomass which would otherwise ‘escape’ into the atmosphere, making this a carbon negative activity.
A methane-powered tractor
- Launch the world’s first liquid fugitive methane powered tractor
- Design a novel energy independent cryogenic tank, including fuel management system
- Integrate next-generation heat recovery and exhaust system technologies
- Development of telematics technology for vehicle efficiency and safety
- Establish a UK supply chain base for key technologies
- Total project value £15.6 million, with £7.8 million funded through the APC.
- CNH Industrial NV, Basildon, Essex
- Bennamann Limited, Truro, Cornwall
- Eminox Limited, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
- European Thermodynamics Limited, Kibworth, Leicestershire