Collaborative R&D (CR&D) Competitions
Accelerating the industrialisation of net-zero automotive technology
Our collaborative R&D (CR&D) competitions are a commitment from the UK government and industry to accelerate the development of low carbon technology in the UK, safeguarding and creating jobs and supporting investment in cutting edge research and development (R&D).
Investing in innovation
Our funding and expertise supports projects in implementing new propulsion technologies and processes within the automotive sector (including passenger car, bus, off-highway and heavy-duty), including projects that:
- Build UK capability in emerging net-zero propulsion technologies
- Accelerate the transition of the UK automotive supply chain
- De-risk investment in manufacturing and scale-up
- Improve competitiveness by utilising digital tools and techniques
How can we make your project a success?
- Share of up to £25 million in match-funding to boost your R&D capability
- Build connections with specialist partners to add new expertise and collaboration to your project team
- Broaden knowledge, realise greater efficiencies, and deliver more value faster
- Support and guidance during the funding application process
- Access to the latest industry insights
With multiple competitions running every year, there’s ample opportunity to apply for match-funded financial support and access to industry insight and collaboration opportunities.
UK-registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £25 million for UK-based, late-stage, collaborative research and development (CR&D) of automotive technology and processes as part of our competition. Eligible projects will support the UK’s transition towards net-zero by growing supply chain capability and automotive product manufacturing.
The next Collaborative R&D competition opens 15 January 2024. Check back soon for more details or get in touch with our team to discuss your project.
Here are the key dates for our collaborative R&D funding competitions.