TEVVA MOTORS – SANGREAL
Tackling range anxiety in commercial delivery vehicles
- Development of an electric transaxle and vehicle control system with optional smart range extender.
- 90% reduction in CO2 with a lower total cost of ownership than existing diesel vehicles.
- Patented time triggered vehicle-control strategy with on board telematics optimise the use of the range extender to eliminate range anxiety.
- Utilising AEM’s rare earth free electric motors.
- Total project value £11.46 million, with £5.7 million funded through the APC.
- TEVVA Motors
- Advanced Electric Machines Ltd (AEM)
UK SMEs cleaning up commercial vehicle deliveries
This project will design and bench-test an innovative transaxle and vehicle control system for 7.5-14t commercial vehicles. Further developing and commercialising Tevva’s existing battery module and pack design to a ‘between the rails’ solution will improve safety and impact robustness with active thermal management. A substantial part of the investment will develop an advanced vehicle control system and cloud-based telematic, ensuring safe and reliable performance for both on and off-road applications. This enables predictive and preventative servicing that intelligently controls the range extender so that its use is minimised overall and avoided entirely in urban environments