OX Delivers – CLEAN
UK-MANUFACTURED TRUCK FOR THE GLOBAL MARKET
OX Delivers has developed the purpose-designed 3.5-tonne OX truck and a unique Electric PAYG business model which is currently being piloted in Rwanda. By eliminating up-front capital required for a truck and enabling payment of only “what you need, when you need it”, a vast addressable market has opened up.
This project develops the technology to exploit this business opportunity by delivering two fundamental enablers; advanced, affordable EV technology and a digital ecosystem to optimise operating costs and minimising capital expenditure.
CLEAN LOGISTICS for EMERGING AFRICAN NATIONS
- Optimisation of the electric OX truck for use in its pay-as-you-go transport business model
- Creation of energy-dense, long-life, lower-cost batteries
- Development of a lightweight, resilient structure for the OX
- Combining a real-world performance monitoring vehicle with off-board digital twins, automated testing and manufacturing systems
- Acceleration of design change implementation process and rapid replication
- The first UK electric drive unit manufacturing facility
- Total project value £17.2 million, with £8.5 million funded through the APC