London Electric Vehicle Company Limited – UK REEV
Decarbonising light commercial vehicles through zero emission innovation
- An exciting new range extended hybrid electric drive-train light commercial vehicle targeting the 1 Tonne payload class.
- Focused on vehicle design innovation the project also delivered innovative streamlined manufacturing processes.
- New manufacturing capability meant that major components previously sourced overseas now form part of the UK supply chain.
- The project helped to embed new skills into the supply to support the delivery of this unique new vehicle structure.
- Bringing together a UK supply chain which is capable of the design, development and manufacture of zero-emission capable light commercial vehicle from start to finish.
- Capable of saving over 850,000 tonnes of CO2
- Total project value £44 million, with £17.5 million funded through the APC
- London Electric Vehicle Company Limited
- HSSMI Limited
- University of Brighton
No stopping for this consortia as they deliver new models and support the national effort in the fight against Covid-19
Whilst supporting the national demand for ventilators and masks during the Covid-19 pandemic the consortia continued the fight against CO2. Helping to maximise this response was a series of new virtual engineering processes which have reduced manufacturing waste, increase recycling capabilities and redesigned battery packaging – saving cost and boosting productivity.