- Provides a new generation of Electric Vehicles (EV) battery sensors to map the current flowing in individual cells
- Can be used in battery diagnostic testing and manufacturing quality control to discover defects
- It also helps improve cell design
- Aims to provide more reliable estimates of EV battery ranges, improved battery life and a decreased lifetime cost of EV battery packs
- Project works with manufacturing partners to produce large scale versions of the sensor for in vehicle deployment
The new generation of EV battery sensors aim to make a fundamental difference in key aspects of battery testing and manufacture, with the goal of improved battery life, more reliable estimates of battery ranges and a decreased lifetime cost.