BSA Company Ltd. – The Electric BSA Project
Putting British motorcycling back on the global automotive map
- Creation of a modern retro, authentic, best-in-class, electric-motorcycle that is unmistakably British.
- Powered by green-fuel and refined with state-of-the-art technology.
- Project to include a bespoke battery, with a specially designed motor that creates the right retro-torque with an authentic sound.
- Prototypes, control features and power management to be developed efficiently to get the maximum out of the battery.
- Motorcycle to be developed with advanced levels of telematics to enhance the ownership/riding experience.
- BSA Company Ltd.
- University of Warwick (Warwick Manufacturing Group)
- Dana TM4
- Vital Auto
A true modern retro motorcycle, powered by a battery-powered electric motor
This middleweight retro-roadster will target the mid-performance segment and have a wide market appeal. It will have the best of both worlds, a modern retro-design that rides on innovative and green technology. BSA wants to “contemporise the classic” through this motorcycle. Funding received for this project will fast-forward the development of a UK-designed, developed, and manufactured electric motorcycle.