Dolphin N2 Limited – RE-ARMD
Bringing together industry and academia
The project combines industrial and academic expertise to improve the engine’s efficiency and emissions and validate a hydrogen combustion system with a unique ability for rapid conversion of a base liquid fuel unit. RE-ARMD will also deliver a legacy of improved technology, facilities and virtual tools in readiness for a future APC application and commercialisation.
Revolutionising thermal propulsion systems for heavy-duty
- Accelerates advancement to market readiness demonstration for the Recuperated Split Cycle Engine
- Revolutionary heavy-duty thermal propulsion system that offers fuel-cell levels of efficiency and near-zero emissions
- Gives the ability to transition to sustainable fuels such as biomethane and hydrogen
- Project will deliver a demonstrator engine, which will be showcased at LCV2021
- Total project value £1.6 million, with £0.9 million funded through the APC
- Dolphin N2 Limited
- University of Brighton
- Zircotec LTD
Road to Net Zero Podcast
Our Road to Net Zero podcast is all about how the UK automotive industry is transitioning to net zero. In a series of interviews, we highlight key issues and developments, interesting projects and technologies emerging from one of the UK’s most innovative sectors on the road to net zero.