Aeristech Limited – Electric Turbocharging & Supercharging
Decoupling the turbine from the compressor allows the motor and the generator to run independently, which optimises the power curve of a vehicle. This improves powertrain efficiency and negates the turbo-lag that can cause challenges in engine downsizing.
- Developing an electric motor and controller
- Capable of solving turbo lag and working continuously to enhance engine torque
- Aeristech’s system allows engine downsizing, reducing CO₂ emissions, due to a simpler and more cost efficient charging system
- Technology is being tested and applied in a passenger vehicle
- TDAP is helping develop strategy and business plans, as well as providing financial support for R&D, supply chain development and market entry