Tevva – SANGREAL
UK SMEs cleaning up commercial vehicle deliveries
This project will design and bench-test an innovative transaxle and vehicle control system for 7.5-19t commercial vehicles. Further developing and commercialising Tevva’s existing battery module and pack design with active thermal management. A substantial part of the investment will develop an advanced vehicle control system and cloud-based telematic, ensuring safe and reliable performance for both on and off-road applications. This enables predictive and preventative servicing that intelligently controls the range extender.
Tackling range anxiety in commercial delivery vehicles
- Development of battery powered, hydrogen fuel cell range extended trucks.
- 100% reduction in CO2, with a lower total cost of ownership than existing diesel vehicles.
- Patented time triggered vehicle-control strategy with on board telematics optimise the use of the range extender to eliminate range anxiety.
- Utilising AEM’s rare earth free electric motors.
- Total project value £12.2 million, with £5.7 million funded through the APC
Road to Net Zero Podcast
Our Road to Net Zero podcast is all about how the UK automotive industry is transitioning to net zero. In a series of interviews, we highlight key issues and developments, interesting projects and technologies emerging from one of the UK’s most innovative sectors on the road to net zero.