Reaction Engines have developed a range of groundbreaking lightweight thermal transfer foils that aim to accelerate consumer uptake of electric vehicles through enabling significantly faster charging and discharge rates. These revolutionary battery foils provide a low pack weight and volume and greatly reduce thermal gradients across the pack and contribute to a vastly extended battery life.
EV Battery Foils – Project highlights
- Enables EV battery operation across a broad range of environmental temperatures
- Goal of improving overall battery life by maintaining constant temperature across the entire pack
- Weighs less than present liquid cooling systems, while providing improved thermal conductivity
- Will be easy to integrate with the battery pack and designed for mass manufacturing
- Further help provide demonstrable performance data and prototypes of the innovative EV battery cooling foils to engage customers, while informing manufacturing considerations.