Jaguar Land Rover – CompETe
New Compact Electric Drive Unit – with a bespoke design, better for smaller platforms and with a UK supply chain
- Jaguar Land Rover have created a consortium of world class academic and industrial partners to create a state of the art electric drive unit (EDU), and the supply chain to deliver it
- Provides an integrated electric drive unit which will offer class leading efficiency for increased vehicle range, coupled with high power and torque density, all within a lightweight and compact package envelope.
- Develops Jaguar Land Rover and its expert consortium partners competitive edge intended to create UK intellectual property (IP) and supply chain.
- Total project value £25.6 million, with £12.6 million funded through the APC
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- Newcastle University
- University of Warwick
- Fuchs Lubricants (UK) PLC
- Motor Design Limited
- Lyra Electronics Limited
- iNetic Limited
- Brandauer & Co. Limited
- Tata Steel UK Ltd
Ensuring the UK builds the powerpacks of the future
By funding the development of smaller Electric Drive Units with a UK supply chain, the APC has ensured that the future power for Electric vehicles will have a strong UK foundation, to join JLRs existing battery pack and EDU assembly as well as vehicle manufacturing.