Danfoss Scotland – DDISPLACE
Digital Displacement Technology for Off-Highway Applications
- Introducing a market-disrupting technology called ‘Digital Displacement’ – a re-invention of the hydraulic pump.
- Developing a family of modular products for off-highway OEM vehicle manufacturers, combining rugged mechanics with electronics and embedded software.
- Enables a highly efficient way to control the high-force multi-axis movements of heavy machinery.
- Energy losses are reduced dramatically as a result of the new efficient system architectures made possible, enabling energy to be recovered and re-used.
- Technology will be capable of reducing fuel consumption by 20% and 40%, depending on the application, with the potential for more than 50% when fully developed.
- The innovative products will principally be applied to off-highway vehicles such as excavators, wheel loaders and forklift trucks which make use of hydraulic systems for propulsion and for functions such as digging and lifting.
- The technology developed has the potential for application to mining, forestry and industrial applications.
- Total project value £21.7 million, with £10.8 million funded through the APC.
- Danfoss Scotland Ltd (Lead Partner)
- Robbie Fluid Engineering Ltd