Wrightbus – Next Generation New Energy Single Deck Bus Technology Demonstrator
Tackling inner-city pollution
Decarbonisation and its link through public transport to social mobility is key on the road to zero. This project will increase the speed of the transition to zero emission buses that meet both the technical and commercial needs.
Powering the future of zero-emission buses
- Developing a zero-emissions EV single-deck concept bus
- Product will be available in both battery electric vehicle (BEV) technology and fuel-cell electric vehicle technology (FCEV) variants
- Concept bus will be designed with multiple layout options, making it open for UK, EU and wider-international markets
- Concept bus from this project which will be showcased at LCV2021
- Total project value £1.5 million, with £1 million funded through the APC
- Ulsterbus Limited
- Queens University of Belfast Foundation
Road to Net Zero Podcast
Our Road to Net Zero podcast is all about how the UK automotive industry is transitioning to net zero. In a series of interviews, we highlight key issues and developments, interesting projects and technologies emerging from one of the UK’s most innovative sectors on the road to net zero.