The clock is ticking for nominations for the 2016 Low Carbon Champions Awards
Time is running out to get your nominations submitted for the 2016 Low Carbon Champions Awards. The deadline to put forward nominations is Friday 13 May 2016. If you know any organisations or individuals that have had a real impact in the area of low carbon road transport, this is your last chance to put them forward for the acknowledgement they deserve.
The Advanced Propulsion Centre are proud to be sponsoring the Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME, for a second year in a row at the event. The Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME was previously won by joint winners Wirth Research & AVID Technology in 2015. The APC are excited to see what cutting edge low carbon innovations are brought to the table this year by SMEs, who are hoping to claim the award.
The winners of the awards will be announced at the Gala Dinner at Cenex’s Low Carbon Vehicle Event (LCV 2016), on Wednesday 14 September 2016. There are a total of seven Award categories that are up for grabs on the night, the list of Awards are as follows:
- Low Carbon Car/Van Manufacturer of the Year
- Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year
- Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year
- Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year
- Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME
- Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year
- Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report
Special Awards include:
- Outstanding Individual in Promoting Lower Carbon Transport
- Grand Prix Award (“winner-of-winners”): Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport 2015–16
The LowCVP Awards winners will be assessed by a panel of expert judges drawn from the LowCVP’s wide range of stakeholder organisations..
Any organisation or initiative that has made a contribution to the low carbon vehicle or fuels agenda in road transport is eligible to enter the Champions Awards. Entrants that are uncertain about which category they can enter should contact the LowCVP Secretariat.