- The EV-LIFT project is a collaborative APC project between YASA, Lotus Cars and Coventry University.
- Development of a best-in-class electrical drive unit (EDU) for next-generation battery electric vehicles (BEVs)
- The Project will develop advanced motor, SiC inverter, and gearbox technology, enabling significant light-weighting and efficiency improvements BEVs
- This EDU will be utilised by Lotus in a number of its upcoming high-performance BEVs, due to start production in 2023
- The EDU will also enable independent traction of the rear wheel, offering new opportunities for improved handling and performance for next generation BEVs.
- Total project value £22.8 million, with £11.4 million funded through the APC
- YASA Ltd
- Lotus Cars Ltd
- Coventry University