- Led from Caterpillar’s Wolverhampton facility and will involve consortium partners UK facilities in Peterborough, Desford, Silverstone and Hatfield Hertfordshire.
- Scaling Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT), typically utilised in larger off – highway machines to the smaller machines greatly improves efficiency
- Coupled with an Energy Storage System (EES) these improvements will enable improved performance.
- This innovative approach enables engine downsizing, offering significant reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions and importantly, reduces cost of ownership
- Includes a low-cost flywheel into the highly integrated drivetrain, developed by Punch Flybrid, UK
- Total project value £8.2 million with half funded through the APC
- Turner Powertrain Systems
- Punch Flybrid UK
- Productiv Limited
- University of Hertfordshire