- Development of a new integrated e-Powertrain system for full electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, as well as series hybrid and plug-in hybrid configurations.
- Delivering up to 430kW of continuous power with an 800-volt rated electric motor for heavy trucks and buses.
- It will consist of a single motor with an integrated SiC (Silicon Carbide) inverter, integral multispeed gearbox and differential, and foundation brakes uniquely designed for vehicles with regenerative braking
- Technology created for heavy commercial vehicles up to 44 tonne GVW with a 6X2 or 4X2 configurations, but is also applicable for off-highway, construction and vocational vehicles.
- Developed with efficient packaging designed for short wheelbase trucks.
- Eliminates the driveline providing additional space for battery storage.
- Design can be integrated into existing chassis with minimal to no modifications to the suspension or frame.
- Total project value £31.8 million, with £15.8 million funded through the APC.
- Meritor Heavy Vehicle Braking Systems (UK) Ltd
- Danfoss Scotland
- Electra Commercial Vehicles Ltd