- Demonstrating the development of production technologies for traction motor production.
- Enable production scale-up of motors produced by Magnetic Systems Technology (Magtec), a leading UK supplier servicing the commercial vehicles market.
- Adressing both OEM and retrofit applications by providing the electric alternatives to diesel power solutions, at required volumes, with demonstrable operational reliability.
- Skills development within all partners and the wider supply-chain will be core as partners move towards electrified propulsion systems at a vehicle level, and automated/semi-automated processes within the value stream.
- The total project value is £15.3 million, with £7.5 million funded through the APC.
- Magnetic Systems Technology Limited
- Angel Trains Limited
- Dennis Eagle Limited
- MTC Operations Ltd
- Paneltex Limited
- University of Sheffield
- Volta Trucks Ltd