- An innovative development project led by Jaguar Land Rover, during which the collaboration developed a new transmission based around an ultra-wide ratio, dual clutch architecture. The transmission also benefited from an integrated hybrid e-drive unit.
- JLR and DSD collaborated on the full transmission system mechanics, hardware, software and controls development. This included the integration of the electric machine, clutch systems, all-wheel drive torque distribution, test and validation – in both virtual and physical domains.
- Productiv and HVM Catapults AFRC and AMRC formed a unique sub collaboration on developing both the manufacturing processes required and the supply chain potential to ensure viability of transmission production.
- The transmission system is designed to improved fuel economy, through the use of novel lightweight structures and materials and hybridisation.
- The transmission system provides a major sub-system of an electrified powertrain to enable improved fuel economy, through the use of novel lightweight structures, materials and hybridisation.
- Total project value £19.5 million, with £9.7 million funded through the APC
- University of Warwick
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- Drive System Design Limited
- The Proving Factory Ltd
- University of Sheffield
- University of Strathclyde
- Productiv Limited