- Development of a new battery concept for application in Jaguar Land Rover electrified vehicles.
- Project will tackle battery system cost, energy density, charging, safety and manufacturing.
- Focus will be centred on the system engineering and non-cell battery components.
- This includes the module, pack, thermal management and the integrated Battery Energy Manager (BEM); which are critical to the vehicle capability and competitiveness.
- Project will deliver significant technical advancements, which require materials, process and modelling technique developments.
- The total project value £18.9 million, with £9.4 million funded through the APC.
- Jaguar Land Rover
- University of Warwick
- Siemens Industry Software
- AVL Powertrain UK
- Advanced Innergy Solutions
- A E Oscroft & Sons