- Development of a lightweight multi-material solutions for rolling chassis ladder frames.
- Offer 30% weight reduction compared to conventional all steel systems enabling the adoption of EV technologies without compromise to payload.
- Creation of reliable digital design tools and methodologies for predicting performance, durability and failure modes of hybrid material structures.
- Demonstrate manufacturability at scale while proving out design with vehicle demonstrators benchmarked to Ford standards.
- Total project value £8.5 million, with £4.1 million funded through the APC.
- Ford Technologies Ltd
- University of Warwick
- Autotech Engineering R&D UK Ltd
- Expert Tooling and Automation Ltd