- Project will create a circular supply chain for electric vehicle batteries in the UK.
- The creation of processes, design guidelines and a physical pilot facility to recover vehicle batteries, allowing packs and materials to be re-used or recycled.
- The development of a process for analysis of used batteries, directing materials to the most appropriate recycling stream – from pack and cell re-use to recycling of materials.
- Requirements will be defined to enable recyclability to be designed into future vehicle battery packs.
- This project will retain high–value materials within the UK supply chain, saving end-of-life liability costs for manufacturers and provide a sustainable source of valuable metals, that are vital to the future UK EV supply chain.
- Total project value £8.9m with £4.4m funded through the APC.
- European Metal Recycling Limited
- University of Warwick
- Jaguar Land Rover Limited
- Bentley Motors Limited
- Connected Energy LTD
- BMW Motorsport Limited
- UK Battery Industrialisation Centre LTD
- Health and Safety Executive
- Autocraft Drivetrain Solutions Limited