- Novel enclosure architectures that will provide scalable design and manufacturing concepts utilising agile multi-platform cells on the same production equipment, engineered to meet variable volume demands, while providing a kit of parts for local assembly and export options.
- Project will design, develop, assemble and extensively test aluminium intensive prototype enclosures and full-scale demonstrator enclosures for BMW and Volvo electric vehicles, forming an integrated pathway to UK battery pack production by providing the light weight enclosures aligned to current and future battery module technologies and power densities.
- The total project value is £15.3 million, with £7.5 million funded through the APC.
- Brunel University
- Innoval Technology
- Powdertech Surface Science
- Warwick Manufacturing Group