- Two premium global automotive companies, BMW and McLaren Applied join forces to deliver two strongly interlinked workstreams addressing both volume and performance.
- Together the team will develop a new UK supply chain for subcomponents and system capability for future electromobility, addressing the UK Government targets for industrial growth, generation and safeguarding of jobs and the transformation to zero emission mobility. This technology drives BEV from niche to mainstream.
- Delivering real world benefits in improved efficiency, lower vehicle level CO2, reduced weight and better use of storage providing value add and competitive customer value to the end user.
- UK engineering talents and skills will be developed in harmony with the BMW Munich based background knowledge within the project to open development and manufacture opportunities for vehicle electrification within the UK.
- Total project value £30 million, with £15 million funded through the APC.
- Mclaren Applied
- Custom Interconnect Limited
- Lyra Electronics
- Compound Semiconductor Applications Catapult
- University of Warwick