REE – REEcorner™
Next-Generation EV platforms
The project will develop and manufacture a scalable and cost-effective approach for the assembly technology of REEcorners™ for use in in electric and autonomous vehicles such as e-LCVs and Mobility-as-a-Service Applications at REE’s UK Engineering Centre of Excellence at the Mira Technology Park in the Midlands, UK.
- Development of REEcorner™ technology, which packs critical vehicle components into a single compact module.
- Steering, braking, suspension, powertrain and control are packed into the module, located between the chassis and wheel.
- Design allows for fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms, providing more capacity for cargo, passengers and batteries.
- REE’s ambition is to create a platform that allows automotive manufacturers, OEMs, delivery and logistic companies and new mobility tech companies to design virtually any size or shape of EV.
- Project will facilitate commercial production of REE’s ground-breaking technology.
- Project is led by REE from their engineering centre at the Mira Technology Park in Nuneaton.
- Total project value £42.1 million, with £12.5 million funded through the APC.