The autonomous future is coming
Road sweeping is a job that in some situations is critical for safety, such as airports. The UK’s first autonomous road sweeper is to go on trial at a number of key locations across the country. This development is key in boosting productivity and safety levels within the industry while improving cost and time savings and environmental impact.
Keeping the roads of the future clean
- PODSweep, the UK’s first autonomous electric road sweeper
- Created to reduce the harmful environmental impact created by road sweeping while improving safety and productivity through the autonomous control system
- To be trialled at a number of locations across the country including Birmingham Airport, Heathrow Airport and the Trafford Centre in Manchester.
- Aims to make a saving of 26 tonnes of carbon per annum and a reduction in driving energy of 10-15%
- The opportunity is being explored for the same technology to be converted for internal use in warehouses
- Westfield Autonomous Vehicles
- Johnston Sweepers
- Fusion Processing