Morgan Motor Company – CO2 divided by 2
Morgan motors towards electric and hybrid future
High efficiency ICE and all-electric vehicles are shaping how we own and drive cars. Step forward Morgan Motor Company, a UK success story and a world-famous car manufacturer, integrating state-of-the-art low CO2 powertrains.
New low-carbon powertrain technologies for modern-classic Morgan sports cars
- This project was able to enable next-generation vehicles to half the Morgan fleet average CO2 emissions
- The project progressed the adoption of state-of-the-art, heavily downsized turbocharged petrol engines, as well as developing electric sports car technology
- Developed the lightweight CX-Generation platform, underpinning Morgan’s new vehicles.
- Morgan worked with supply chain partners to develop new powertrain technologies
- Funding helped Morgan attract investors and develop future expansion plans
- Total project value £5.9 million, with around half being funded through the APC