Future of Technology – Farm to Fork: Is there sufficient appetite to drive a sustainable food system?
During this event, we’ll investigate whether there is sufficient appetite to drive a sustainable food system.
The event will focus on the progress that’s been made to date in the transition to net-zero agriculture and food distribution including:
- exploring every step of the food journey, from planting, growing and harvesting, to processing and delivery to the consumer
- examining the circular economy
- reviewing risks and opportunities for this essential sector.
With around 30% of global greenhouse gas emissions coming from the food system, the urgency of this transition cannot be understated.
The Future of Technology Series aims to illuminate the challenges and opportunities facing the global automotive industry. Each event brings together key industry figures and leading academics to discuss, debate and challenge the way we think about a wide range of innovations.
10:30 – 11:00 – Arrival, refreshments and networking
11:00 – 11:10 – Welcome from Chair Dr Tim Fox
11:10 – 13:00 – Session 1: On Farm: Planting – Growing – Harvesting – Waste on Farm
- ·Keynote from Kit Franklin, Senior Engagement Fellow – Engineering & Principal Investigator – Hands Free projects, Harper Adams (“Hands Free Hectare”) ·
- Alistair Walshaw, Innovation Manager – Alternative fuels and Drivelines, CNH Industrial – Technology
- Chris Mann, Chief Technology Officer, Bennamann Ltd
- Mercedes Torres Torres, Head of Machine Learning, B-hive Innovations Ltd
- Vidyanath Gururajan, Managing Director, B-hive Innovations Ltd
13:00 – 14:00 – Lunch and networking
14:00 – 15:45 – Session 2: First Mile to Last Mile: Moving – Processing – Distributing – Non-refrigerated and Cold Chains (Food Loss within the supply chain)
- ·Keynote from Shane Brennan, Senior Vice President, Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA)
- Justin Laney, Partner & General Manager of Central Transport at the John Lewis Partnership
- Alastair Gough, Head of Business Development at Sunswap
- Andy Batty, Director of Operations UK & Ireland, Deliveroo
- Christopher Sturman, Director, Craymere Consulting Ltd
15:45 – 16:15 – Refreshment break
16:15 – 18:00 – Session 3: Policy, risks and opportunities
- Keynote from Richard Gueterbock, Director, Foodchains
- James Elliot, Senior Policy Advisor, Green Alliance
- Gavin Lane, Deputy President, Country Land and Business Association (CLA)
- Liam Herbert, Director, Rud Pedersen
18:00 – 19:00 – Drinks, canapes and networking