UK-registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £25 million for UK-based, late-stage, collaborative research and development (R&D) of automotive technology and processes. Eligible projects will support the UK’s transition towards net-zero by growing supply chain capability and automotive product manufacturing.
This competition is seeking proposals for collaborative match-funded R&D projects. These must demonstrate the development of on-vehicle technologies (including material, product and manufacturing processes) for on or off-road vehicles.
Your project must:
- support the growth and security of the UK’s automotive supply chain
- accelerate the development of technologies and processes which support the transition to net zero
- align with the UK’s strategic aims for net zero
- clearly demonstrate how high-value R&D will take place in the UK as a result of this funding
We are especially interested in projects that support the UK’s long-term supply chain, associated capabilities and growth aspirations. This includes improving productivity and competitiveness in the design, build and manufacture of vehicles that are capable of low and zero tailpipe emissions.
Examples of technologies in scope are:
- battery cell components or systems
- fuel cell and associated balance of plant
- electric machines and power electronics
- fossil-free fuel internal combustion
- hydrogen storage and management systems
- recycling or /recovering materials from any of the above
- digitalisation leveraged during the development, production or in-service phases
- Your project must support the growth of these technologies, creating more jobs and capability throughout the UK supply chain.
12 January 2022 – Competition opens
12 January 2022 10:30 – 12:15 GMT– Virtual briefing event
2 March 2022 11:00 GMT – Application deadline
28 March 2022 – Applicants invited to interview
3 May 2022 – Interview panel (week commencing)
20 May 2022 – Applicants informed
To get in touch with a member of the team…