‘Automotive Advanced Materials: 2D or not 2D?’: agenda announcement
The agenda for the first of the Future of Technologies 2018 Series, Automotive Advanced Materials: 2D or not 2D?, has been announced.
Join the Advanced Propulsion Centre, the University of Manchester and Innovate UK as we debate the reality behind advanced materials and whether they can be a real game-changer in the automotive industry.
Held in the Whitworth Hall at the University of Manchester, 2D or not 2D? will bring together key industry figures from the major OEMs in automotive, automotive supply chain and world leading academics to enable discussions on the use of innovative materials in the manufacture of vehicles.
This event will feature a panel of experts including Professor Sir Kostya Novoselov, the Nobel Prize winning scientist who first isolated graphene and discovered its properties. We will also be joined by senior industry and academic representatives including; the Henry Royce Institute, Graphene manufacturer Versarien, Additive Manufacturing experts HiETA and Zap&Go – producer of the first graphene supercapacitor.
Have your say on whether it’s time to say goodbye to traditional materials, or whether their qualities are currently unbeatable.
- 12:30 – 13:30 Registration and lunch
- 13:30 – 13:35 Welcome
- 13:35 – 13:45 Why Manchester?
- 13:45 – 13:55 A prize winning discovery – how far could this take us?
- 14:05 – 14:45 Traditional materials – why break the mould?
- 14:45 – 15:00 Networking and refreshments
- 15:00 – 16:15 Current applications for 2D materials
- 16:15 – 16:45 Networking and refreshments
- 16:45 – 18:00 The Scale-up situation
- 18:00 – 19:00 Drinks reception and networking