Privacy & Cookies
1. Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Advanced Propulsion Centre UK Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales under company umber 8791933 and having its registered office at 6th Floor, 60 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0HR. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is the Marketing and Communications Specialist.
2. What information do we collect?
APC UK collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to the site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address and telephone number.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “About cookies” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
APC UK collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding APC UK services;
- to develop and provide our site for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from APC UK, its affiliates and third parties;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of APC UK site;
- if you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails;
- to personalise some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from APC UK and third parties;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the APC UK site;
- to protect the services, products or rights of APC UK, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the APC UK site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning the APC UK site.
APC UK also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
4. Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
APC UK limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the above purposes.
5. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
APC UK does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to APC UK employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on APC UK behalf for any of the identified purposes above;
- as necessary if APC UK has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with APC UK rights or property, other users of APC UK web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that APC UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom, or in any other country in which APC UK or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), APC UK will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove APC UK compliance with any applicable law.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
APC UK will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the identified purposes, and for minimising the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing APC UK about changes to their personal information. You can do this by calling 02476 528700 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. APC UK will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
7. Access to Personal Information
You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time by contacting us at the following email address: email@example.com or such other email address as may be displayed on the “Contact Us” section of the site from time to time.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting APC UK or the editor as described above. APC UK will promptly correct such personal information.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time); and
- carry out anonymous research and statistical analysis about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet using Google Analytics to help improve our content, and to help us better understand our viewer requirements and interests.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose for the cookie||Expires|
|_utma||Determines the number of unique visitors to the site||2 years|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on our site||30 minutes|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||This provides information about how you reached the site (eg from another website or a search engine)||6 months|
|ga_nextpage_params||This stores data to be sent to Google on the next page you request||when you close your browser|
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.