Battery and Energy Storage Conference 2017
28/11/2017 - 29/11/2017 All Day
The Slate, University of Warwick
Decarbonisation, decentralisation and vehicle electrification are the pillars of a low carbon future. But in a society powered by storage, how do you differentiate between a multitude of storage technologies whilst building the business case for investment? How do you traverse new and existing regulations, differentiate your offering in an increasingly homogeneous market, and forge profitable partnerships?
The Battery and Energy Storage event will be addressing these challenges head-on. Featuring a combination of industry best practice, interactive discussions, tailored content and networking opportunities, this two-day event will unite stakeholders from the automotive and energy industries in promoting both a more sustainable future, with clear road maps to successful outcomes. Hear from industry leaders on cutting edge technology, establishing profitable new business models, and determining in the right solution for your project.
Key topics to be addressed – Electric Vehicles:
- Stimulating the EV market from a policy perspective
- Beyond Li-ion: Advances in next-generation battery materials
- The battery race – which cell will win in the long-term?
- Optimising battery performance and lifetime
- Opportunities and challenges for modular battery design
- Reducing size and weight of battery packs without impacting performance
- Battery safety and simulation testing in real-life conditions
- Second-life batteries: From liability to profit centre
Key topics to be addressed – Energy Systems:
- Proving the business case for renewable energy storage
- Tackling the technical and commercial challenges of connecting storage to the grid
- EFR tenders – Deployment plans and how to monetise?
- Behind the metre case studies: Solar battery power energising residential homes
- Rolling out commercial-scale battery storage
- Managing the grid impact of Electric Vehicles
- Commercial models for realising the potential of the V2X market
- The future potential of Virtual Power Plants and the Internet of Things
The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy will be giving a keynote presentation at the conference.
Confirmed speakers also include representatives from: Renault, EirGrid, ENGIE, National Grid, Western Power Distribution, Vattenfall Wind Power, Scottish and Southern Electricity Network, E.ON, EDF, Toyota Motor Europe, EDF Energy Renewables, EDP Distribuição, Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), Open Energi, AVERE, The Carbon Trust, Innovate UK, University of Warwick, Innogy, Fraunhofer Institute for Ceramic Technologies and Systems, and many others.
A number of complimentary passes are available for qualifying candidates (energy and transportation executives). To find out more, view the agenda and to register, please visit the official event website: https://goo.gl/Nde5WcAdd to your calendar Add to your google calendar