Engine Expo 2016
Innovative new UK engine technologies at Engine Expo 2016
Some of the UK’s most innovative new engine technologies will be on show in the UK Pavilion (stand number 3320) at Engine Expo 2016, Messe Stuttgart, Germany, 31 May – 2 June 2016.
UK companies are currently developing a range of powertrain solutions that have the potential to significantly improve vehicle efficiency. Such R&D is being aided by Britain’s unique innovation landscape, where industry and government work together in conjunction with a range of support including funding. The exhibiting companies also demonstrate that the UK is a global centre of excellence for low carbon propulsion development and production.
Click on the following links to find out more about the companies exhibiting in the UK Pavilion:
- Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC)Positioning the UK as a centre of excellence for low carbon propulsion development and production.
- Innovate UKInnovate UK is the UK's innovation agency, accelerating economic growth.
- Motorsport Industry Association (MIA)The principal global trade association for the Motorsport and High Performance Engineering industry.
- Niche Vehicle Network (NVN)An independent association of over 400 niche vehicle manufacturers, specialist technology and supply chain companies.
- Advanced Innovative EngineeringClean, efficient and economical lightweight Wankel rotary engine for hybrids/range-extenders or as a primary power unit.
- AeristechFully electric turbocharger and eSupercharger technology and compressors for automotive fuel cell applications.
- Bladon JetsMicro-turbine and air bearing technology for use in automotive range-extenders or for static power units.
- Brunel University LondonIndustry-led research, bridging the gap between the lab and the marketplace to accelerate manufacturing implementation.
- CatagenCatalyst technology allows the testing of full size after-treatment systems and components under a wider range of conditions encompassing WLTC Real Driving Emissions.
- Cella EnergyAdvanced materials and technologies company has developed a safe hydrogen storage material that releases hydrogen when heated.
- CosworthHigh performance, low carbon powertrain engineering solutions for global OEMs and motorsport teams.
- Dearman Engine CompanyUsing liquid air to deliver zero-emission power and cooling.
- EquipmakePrototype motor, hybrid and electric system design & development.
- GKN Hybrid PowerGyrodrive composite flywheel hybrid technology reduces fuel consumption and emissions.
- OaktecPulse-R multi-gas engine delivers exceptional results in terms of performance, emissions and fuel efficiency.
- ProdriveEngine development capability showcased by Aston Martin Vulcan
- RML GroupMotorsport and high performance automotive engineering company has developed the 400bhp 3-cylinder 1.5-litre powertrain for the Nissan ZEOD RC.
- SunampHeat batteries for vehicle heat recovery, storage and re-use – for applications ranging from improving ICE efficiency to extending EV range.
The stand will include an Aston Martin Vulcan with a V12 engine developed by Prodrive and a Westfield sports car with a new rotary engine developed by AIE.
Other technologies being showcased include a new 48v electric supercharger, micro-gas turbines and air bearings, an air hybrid system, recirculating gas reactor testing technology, hydrogen storage technology, liquid air zero-emission power and cooling, control system solutions, hybrid flywheel technology, a new spark ignition piston engine suited to gas, biogas and liquid fuels, and highly efficient heat batteries.
The UK Pavilion is supported by the GREAT Britain campaign. The campaign showcases the very best of what Britain has to offer, and welcomes the world to visit, study and do business with the UK.