Back to list
Production Readiness Competition
The Production Readiness Competition is providing a platform for UK SMEs and their supply chain to take existing low carbon vehicle technologies from demonstration through to production readiness in a compressed timescale, leading to significant economic benefits whilst reducing CO2 and other vehicle emissions.
The competition is funded by the UK’s Advanced Propulsion Centre and delivered by the Niche Vehicle Network with support from Cenex.
The programme is providing a total grant fund of up to £1,000,000 for vehicle manufacturers, technology suppliers and design/engineering organisations active in the UK low carbon vehicle propulsion sector who wish to collaborate on innovative, industry-led projects, that:
- Deliver significant reductions in vehicle CO2 or other emissions compared to current best-in-class technologies
- Align with Automotive Council Technology Group Roadmaps with respect to advanced propulsion solutions
- Develop the UK’s supply chain in the field of low carbon vehicle propulsion technology
Projects need to demonstrate the development of propulsion technologies based around one or more of the following technology areas:
- Thermal Propulsion Centre
- Lightweight vehicle and powertrain structures
- Electric machines and power electronics
- Energy storage and energy management
- Alternative propulsion systems
Projects must be collaborative and industry-led and include a vehicle manufacturer or a tier 1/ tier 2 supplier as appropriate and a further SME partner within the consortium. The competition is aimed primarily at SMEs but it is permissible to include one large company in each consortium.
We expect to fund projects with total costs of up to £500,000 and lasting a maximum of 9 months.
- Project Duration
Production Readiness projects will be expected to last up to 9 months of active project activity, plus one month for consolidation of outcomes and preparation for dissemination.
- Application Deadlines & How to Apply
The call for bids for the Production Readiness Competition opened on 8th May 2017 and closes at noon on 3rd July 2017, with application packs available from the 8th May until noon on the 1st June 2017.
To enter this competition, the lead applicant MUST request an application pack by email no later than noon on 1st June 2017.
To request a pack, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Niche Vehicle Workshop
The Niche Vehicle Network will host their annual R&D Competition Workshop for the 2017 collaborative R&D competitions on 5th June at the National Conference Centre, close to the NEC.